Postdoctoral Fellow – Investigate disease dependencies using multi-omics data with systems biology, machine learning and network approaches for autoimmune disorders
The Postdoctoral Program is designed for true investigational and experimental research. Participants will be mentored by renowned industry scientists and collaborators at AbbVie and focused on delivering cutting-edge advancements in Discovery, Development Sciences and BioPharma. The enriching training program offers a balance of structured learning and work experience which fosters a learning environment to advance individual development with accessibility to high-level knowledge building across the drug development continuum. Technical expert that will investigate, identify, develop, and optimize new methods/ techniques to address critical project needs. Continuously seek to improve existing laboratory methods and processes. Read and adapt literature to accomplish assignments. Demonstrate mastery of broad range of experimental techniques and methods of data analysis.
To be successful in our goals as an organization, we developed the AbbVie Postdoc Program for outstanding individuals willing to challenge themselves to find the best solutions for our patients
Through our Postdoc program, we are hiring postdocs from key academic institutions for preferred areas of science in the U.S., while providing a unique opportunity for participants to build a solid career foundation in the pharmaceutical industry while building the AbbVie brand as an employer of choice for scientific talent. The program offers a balance of structured learning and work experience, with accessibility to high-level knowledge building across the drug development continuum. This assignment is expected to be two years and no more than three years.
We are looking for the incoming Postdoc class to join AbbVie as the company is positioning itself for another significant year of growth and of the continuing advancement of its patient-driven science and its strategic priorities. In a collaborative, resource rich environment, you and your scientific mentor will be exploring, targeting, investigating, and evaluating key areas of novel research with a publication as the end point. We have an exceptional postdoctoral opportunity within a cross-functional group engaged in developing novel computational methodologies for discovering novel targets for autoimmune diseases.
- The project is to develop computational methods using systems biology and network approaches to analyze large scale multi-omics data from RNA-seq/Cite-seq/ATAC-seq and proteomics in autoimmune diseases
- Collaborate with research scientists to conceive analysis strategy, identify relevant analysis methodology, internal and external datasets, and knowledge resources for data integration
- Communicate results verbally and in writing to scientific and technical audiences
- Provide expertise and technical consultation for external collaborations/partnerships in academia and industry.
- PhD. In a quantitative field e.g: computer science, bioinformatics, machine learning, statistics, mathematics, genomics, or a related field. Individuals with both theoretical and applied backgrounds involving strong computational research are encouraged to apply.
- Proficiency in R/ Python, Linux with strong statistical and computational skills. Ability to work in an HPC environment.
- Experience in one or more of the following is required: Network biology, Machine learning and Neural networks, data integration and biological network inference
- Preference is for the position to be based on-site at our Cambridge location but applicants seeking to work remotely will also be considered.
- Expertise in computational biology, network biology, machine learning and bioinformatics
- Good understanding of immunology disease biology especially RA, SLE and related subjects
- Experience in designing and applying bioinformatics algorithms, unsupervised and supervised methods, univariate and multivariate regression analyses, predictive modeling, machine learning and deep learning methods
- Proactive scientist with outstanding presentation and communication skills that foster collaboration and teamwork
- A collaborative and self-motivated individual with a strong work ethic, ability to work in a dynamic environment and able to manage multiple objectives in parallel and adapt to changing priorities
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. If you would like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email CorpJat_ABV@abbvie.com .